[Gambas-user] Italian special chars bug?

Stefano Palmeri stefanopalmeri at ...152...
Fri May 12 00:51:58 CEST 2006

Hi, all. Hi, Benoit.

After hours of wondering why in certain Gambas2 projects I was able to type
"à ù ì è ò é" and in some other I wasn't, I finally discovered the reason.

If in a Gambas2 project I add the component "gb.qt.ext", then I'm not
able to type in the editor those Italian special chars (look at attached
bad.jpg) and I get instead funny chars.

If I remove from the project properties the "gb.qt.ext" component and
restart Gambas2, then I'm able to see and type the special chars (good.jpg).

No problem with this component in the stable Gambas.

To the Italians in the list: please, try to add the gb.qt.ext component to a
project, then restart Gambas2 and re-open the project: see if your are able
to type "à ò ù ì é è". (To know if this is a general problem or a problem
of mine - thanks).

Gambas2 1.9.28
Qt 3.3.2
KDE 3.4.2