[Gambas-user] Problem compiling 1.9.28 on Suse10.0

ron ronstk at ...239...
Tue May 9 03:14:14 CEST 2006

---8<-----

> > Installing   SuSE  does never has those packs because the users
> > do no compile, they do there work (and it works :) anyway) with it.
> >
> > Ron
> >
> Thanks, I got your points. I have libmsqlclient.so installed, but I cannot
> locate where is mysql-devel in Suse 10.0 (I looked in yast package manager
> and tried to locate the file on each CDs, but there is no mysql-devel --> am
> I missing something here ?).

You must add the ftp.suse.com in the source list.
In Yast control center goto "Change Source of Installation".
Press "Add" and select "FTP..."
Server Name:"ftp.suse.com"
Directory on server:"pub/suse/i386/10.0" or
Directory on server:"pub/suse/i386/10.0/yast-source" or
Directory on server:"pub/suse/i386/10.0/yast-source/" or
This is somehow tricky, once it need the trailing slash
once it should be without. Same as for "yast-source"

> However, I have downloaded version of  mysql-devel  rpm package and have it
> installed. Now ./configure has gb.db.mysql installed.
>
> But now I have another problem: when I tried to run program made by 1.9.17 in
> 1.9.28, the following error message appear:
>
> "Cannot load module xxxx: version too old, please recompile"
>
> what's wrong ?

if the program made by 1.9.17 is a compiled one, the executable,
then you must do the recompile with 1.9.28 again.
Only source code in uncompiled form is exchangeable (almost)

> Thanks,
> Rudy

Ron