[Gambas-user] Sidepanel Problem

ron ronstk at ...239...
Tue May 9 01:25:26 CEST 2006

On Saturday 06 May 2006 22:57, fabien Bodard wrote:
> Le Saturday 6 Mai 2006 13:57, ron a écrit :
>
> hi Ron
>
> If you want to have the property visible, you need to put it in the exported
> (EXPORT) class so... SidePanel.class and not FSidePanel.class. The
> FSidePanlel Class is an hidden one :)
>
> You have the the core and the user interface. This way the user can use only
> the property allowed
>
> Regards,
> Fabien Bodard

Hoi Fabian.

Wel it was the Resize event that was missing and the wrong property
values in collapsed/closed and expanded/open Sidepanel.
The patch I provided in another message enabled a Resize event.
It shouls also give more correct property valuas, at Show and Hide
event it does, but is still not 100% I found.

For the Properties Benoit made a mistake, I think.
He was "arrange the sidepanel layout and fires the .Hide" to user
and "fire the .Show and then arrange the layout".
This way in both events the properties are always the same as in
the hide condition.
I changed it to "arrange the layout and then fire" the event.

For the Resize event in SidePanel, he send it to the FSidePanel but did
not fire it as event to the user.
I changed it so the Real SidePanel fire it to the user via the
virtuele SidePanel as gateway.

	button		button	property	property	drag
	open		close	.hidden		.visible	resize
				true	false	true/false	bar
---------------- 1 ----- 2 ----- 3 ----- 4 ----- 5 ----- 6 ----- 7 -----
SidePanel1_Resize	_rsz	_rsz	_rsz	after_set	_Resize
Top         =	451	590	590	451	451	590	400
Height      =	147	8	8	147	147	8	198
Hidden      =	True	true	true	true	false	true	False
Dimension   =	147	147	147	147	147	147	147
ClientHeight=	135	-3	-3	135	135	-1	186
SQLEditor.H =	135	135	135	135	135	135	186

SidePanel1_Show		_Hide	_hide	_show
Top         =	451	590	590	451
Height      =	147	8	8	147
Hidden      =	False	true	true	false
Dimension   =	147	147	147	147
ClientHeight=	135	-3	-3	135
SQLEditor.H =	135	135	135	135

Events flow for sidepanel_button_open, sidepanel_button_close
and Property sidepanel.Visible are  -> .Resize -> .Show
This are the first 4 columns (_rsz is _Resize event).

Property .Visible set is a checkbox and the value of it put in
the .Hidden property, no _Resize, _Show or _Hide event.
Column 5 and 6

For the drag resize bar the _Resize event occurs.
The last column 7

The found difference it during the _Resize event the Property
.Hidden has always True, even if it is not hidden at all and
at the event .Show or .Hide are the correct values.

For the setting  of the .Visible property .Hidden is correct.

During the drag operation for resizing the sidepanel the .Hidden
property is correct in the _Resize event.

Before my path the .Height was always the same and .Hidden always
true and the _Resize was not available.

The last thing I noted is the .Dimension.
During the start of the app SidePanel_Resize is fired and .Dimension
is 0 (zero), the Sidepanel is untouched by the user, and in open view.
After close the sidepanel view the .Dimension did goes to the value
147 and never change.

This value is only changed if in design the sidepanel is resized
but I do not see fixed relation to it.
With low height the dimension is to big anf large height the dimension
is to low.

Having a working _Resize and correct .Height are for me the most
important things ATM.

Greets from Holland,

Ron