[Gambas-user] Sidepanel Problem

fabien Bodard arcalis.prod at ...11...
Sat May 6 22:57:59 CEST 2006

Le Saturday 6 Mai 2006 13:57, ron a écrit :

hi Ron

If you want to have the property visible, you need to put it in the exported
(EXPORT) class so... SidePanel.class and not FSidePanel.class. The
FSidePanlel Class is an hidden one :)

You have the the core and the user interface. This way the user can use only
the property allowed

Regards,
Fabien Bodard

> On Saturday 06 May 2006 12:37, ron wrote:
> > Beside of my other mail I send.
> >
> > The SidePanel is a gb.form component.
> > That means it is written in gambas basic language.
> > This way it should be posible for non C programmers to
> > change the Properties, Methods and *Events* the way they like
> > it in the gambas(ic) language. :)
> >
> > I wil look to it if i can change it the _Show and _Hide
> > will do what I (we) want.
> >
> > Ron
>
> I started but need info.
>
> in FSidePanel.class i Add just before the _new()
> ---------------------------------
> '<add ron>
> PROPERTY READ roWidth2 AS Integer
> PROPERTY READ roHeight2 AS Integer
>
> PRIVATE FUNCTION roWidth2_Read() AS Integer
>   DIM iWi AS Integer
>   iWi = ME.Width
> '  IF $hForm.IsHidden() THEN iWi = 0
>   RETURN iWi
> END
>
> PRIVATE FUNCTION roHeight2_Read() AS Integer
>   DIM iHi AS Integer
>   iHi = ME.Height
> '  IF $hForm.IsHidden() THEN iHi = 0
>  RETURN iHi
> END
> '</add ron>
>
> The same in Sidepanel.class but roWidth1 and roHeight1 instead of 2
> Then at menubar 'make executable'.
> then copy then gb.form.class to /opt/gb29/lib/gambas2
> The base location my gambas is installed --prefix=/opt/gb29
>
> In the resulting pseudo binary I can't find those 4 readonly properties.
> When start the project to continue edit the completion can not
> find my 4 properties. The embeded help also do not show them.
>

> Questions:
> 1) How do I refresh the installed component after edit in the source
>    I mean a gambas already created component as gb.form but edit by user.
>
> 2) Can you make a documented sample of a mini control in gambas
>    The head section with explain what this mean and why to use them.
>
>    From SidePanel.class
> 	EXPORT
> 	INHERITS UserContainer
>
> 	PUBLIC CONST _Properties AS String =
> "*,Hidden,Orientation,Resizable,Border"
>
> 	EVENT Show
> 	EVENT Hide
>
> 	PROPERTY Orientation AS Integer "<Align,Top,Bottom,Left,Right>"
> 	PROPERTY Border AS Boolean
>
> Special about UserControl, UserContainer and _Properties.
> Do I understand it right
>   PROPERTY Orientation AS Integer "<Align,Top,Bottom,Left,Right>"
> is your alternative for the Enum

Yes it's just to fill the property boxlist not really like enum but...

> For now I find out the SidePanel.class is the first one I
> should concentrate on.
> I did add roWidth1 in the _Properties as
> PUBLIC CONST _Properties AS String = "*,roWidth1,Hidden,Orientation,
> but does not work either.
not work..; infact you need to make a link in the user interface...