[Gambas-user] Re: TextLabel misbehaving inside ScrollView.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat May 6 08:14:15 CEST 2006

On Saturday 06 May 2006 03:33, Jose J. Rodriguez wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Jose J. Rodriguez <joe1962 at ...626...> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to get a vertically scrollable TextLabel by embedding it
> > inside a ScrollView, but when I set Textlabel.Autoresize to True, it
> > becomes wider than the client area of the ScrollView, in fact, wider
> > than the ScrollView control itself, as I can see if I activate both
> > scrollbars. It doesn't matter if I set the TextLabel to Expand or not,
> > nor does it matter which Arrangement I set for the ScrollView. If I
> > manually set the width to Scroll.ClientWidth, I lose text at the
> > bottom of the TextLabel. The ScrollView has Expand = True, in case
> > this has anything to do with it.
> >
> > This is in Gambas 1.9.29.
>
> Still getting nowhere with this. I'd really appreciate a solution,
> workaround (like how to know the height of the TextLabel needed to fit
> the text, etc) or at least acknowledgement of the problem, as I'm sort
> of stuck at this point on the installer project. The full blown html
> component is not feasable for this, as it means adding another
> component and also reduces the possibility if porting to the gtk
> component later.
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962

There is no real solution at the moment, but you can use a TextView instead of
a TextLabel, because it has a TextWidth and TextHeight property.

The Expand property is not related to your problem (see the wiki).

Benoit Minisini