[Gambas-user] Drawing

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri May 5 21:12:19 CEST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 11:27, Timothy Marshal-Nichols wrote:

> The example printing project was created in Gambas 2. This what Gambas 1
> does to any Gambas 2 project – not just this project. You may have guessed
> this, as the attachment name was “Printing.Gambas2.V0.0.1.tar”
>
> In general when you open a version 2 project in version 1 you need to:
> 1.	Save every file again. This includes every class, form and module. You
> properly also need to save the hidden .project file.
> 2.	On a form Gambas 1 and Gambas 2 use different method of positioning
> controls. You will need to move the controls and resize the form. See the
> comments in the emails for "Incorrect property value"
> However I have saved you the trouble of doing it in this case as I have
> attached a Gambas 1 version to this email. This is called
> “Printing.Gambas1.V0.0.2.tar”
>
> I have made a few small changes to the example. But they are only changes
> to the comments – not to the code. This is called
> “Printing.Gambas2.V0.0.2.tar” .
>

> ALSO I ASKED A QUESTION IN MY ORIGINAL EMAIL. I WAS HOPING FOR AN ANSWER. I
> THINK THIS IS A BUG WITH GAMBAS VERSION 1 AND 2:

Oops. Don't cry!

> There is one problem. This is with the drawing of a SVG file. When you call
> Draw.Drawing it always draws the SVG file at the same size. For example the
> following:
> 	Draw.Drawing(SVGDrawing, 10, 10, 110, 110)
> and
> 	Draw.Drawing(SVGDrawing, 10, 10, 210, 210)
> produces drawings at the original size of the drawing. The help says you
> setting the width and height should scale the drawing. Setting the width
> and height appears to have no effect. This means when printing you always
> get a thumbnail whether you want it or not.

The extra arguments of Draw.Drawing are for clipping, not scaling.

The documentation is false. I think I have wrote what I wanted, and not what I
programmed!

I think I did that because I should have implemented the transformation matrix
that allow you to scale, rotate and translate any drawing. But I didn't have
the time to do it!

Maybe I should do it now...

Sorry for that...

Benoit Minisini