[Gambas-user] KDE & Gambas executable

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon May 1 18:07:22 CEST 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 17:32, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> I would like to ask why I have problems running Gambas executables on my
> Suse 9.3 & KDE 3.5.2
>
> When I write a program with Gambas 2 and I create the executable file
> (Project/Create executable), after that if I click on the generated file
> from a Konqueror window the program doesn't start (of course, I
> specified to open it with gb2x),  But if I open a console and I try to
> type the name of the program,  it starts with no problems....
> Is there any option to specify from Konqueror to get the Gambas
> executable running?

I did add it to suse9.2 with KDE 3.5.2

Got to Personal Settings
Select KDE Components->File Associations

Press Add...
Select Group:Applications
Type name:x-gambas2

At General tab Click Add...
Enter :*.gambas

Enter in the Description box :Gambas2 executable

At Application Preference Order
click Add..
enter as application gbr2
(do nor browse the tree)
press OK

Back select under Application Preference Order
your entered app.
click Edit

At General tab enter something usefull

At Application tab
Name:gbr2 (if not there)
Command:gbr2 (if not there)

By supported filetypes there should be
  Application/x-gambas2
  Gambas Executable

==================================

You can put gbr2.dexktop in
/home/ron/.kde/share/applnk/.hidden

You can put x-gambas2.desktop in
/home/ron/.kde/share/mimelnk/application/x-gambas2.desktop

run from commandline: kbuildsycoca
Now it should be working

replace '/home/ron/.kde/' eventualy to '/opt/kde3/' for system wide.
but check the contenyt of the files for correct paths.

Hope this will help you
If success please give response so the method is tested
and can be put in the wiki help.

Ron