[Gambas-user] 1.9.28 IDE doesn't come up

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Fri Mar 31 09:49:22 CEST 2006

Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> On Thursday 30 March 2006 09:41, Eilert wrote:
>> Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>>> Try to remove (or rename) the ~/.config/gambas/gambas2.conf file to see
>>> if it helps.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>> Yes and no ;-) Now I can see the tip of the day, but nothing else. When
>> I close the tip, nothing remains.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> Strange... YOu will find the non-MDI IDE in the sources if you need. The
> project name is 'gambas2-old'.
>
> Regards,

I've been searching, but I don't find it. Maybe I just don't know how to
handle your information... :-)

When I was in the server room, I tried to start it directly there, but
the same happens: The tip of the day comes up, when you close it you see
nothing.

But I understand that MDI is supposed to be the standard interface now?
Wouldn't it be fair to let the user decide which kind of interface to
prefer? Personally, I dislike MDI for programming because the editor
window is squeezed between the palettes and menues, and often I enlarge
the editor to full size to get a maximum overview. I would really miss
that feature...

Regards,

Rolf