[Gambas-user] compiling gambas2-1.9.25

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Mar 23 21:00:33 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 10:02, mike webb wrote:
> Making all in src
> make[4]: Entering directory `/root/gambas2-1.9.26/gb.crypt/src'
> if /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc32 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -pipe -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-value -fvisibility=hidden -g -Os  -MT main.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/main.Tpo" -c -o main.lo main.c; \
> then mv -f ".deps/main.Tpo" ".deps/main.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/main.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
>  gcc32 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -pipe -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-value -fvisibility=hidden -g -Os -MT main.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c main.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/main.o
> cc1: unrecognized option `-fvisibility=hidden'

This option, -fvisibility=hidden, break the proccess at the first occerence on SuSE9.2

Try:
unpack source tarbal

remove at line 194/195 the -fvisibility in acinclude.m4

In the sub directories find the 27 files (configure) with same option
around line 4600

Special check /root/gambas2-1.9.26/gb.crypt/configure!!
Check also the -devel for the crypt component are installed

do:
./reconf-all
./configure
make

Reason:
Benoit did starting the GCC 4.x compiler options

checking for bzlib2 compression headers... no
checking for bzlib2 compression libraries... no
configure: WARNING: *** bzlib2 compression is disabled
checking for MySQL driver headers... no
checking for MySQL driver libraries... no
configure: WARNING: *** MySQL driver is disabled
checking for ODBC driver headers... no
checking for ODBC driver libraries... /usr/lib/
configure: WARNING: *** ODBC driver is disabled
checking for SQLite 2 driver headers... no
checking for SQLite 2 driver libraries... no
configure: WARNING: *** SQLite 2 driver is disabled
checking for SQLite 3 driver headers... no
checking for SQLite 3 driver libraries... no
configure: WARNING: *** SQLite 3 driver is disabled
checking for firebird driver headers... no
checking for firebird driver libraries... no
configure: WARNING: *** firebird driver is disabled
checking for XShmAttach in -lXext... yes
checking for GTK+ toolkit component with pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING: *** GTK+ toolkit is disabled

checking for Poppler PDF library component with pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING: *** Poppler PDF library is disabled

checking for Advanced networking component headers... no
checking for Advanced networking component libraries... no
configure: WARNING: *** Advanced networking component is disabled
checking for STMP client component with pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING: *** STMP client is disabled

checking for QT meta-object compiler... no
configure: error: QT moc compiler not found. Try --with-moc option.
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for gb.qt

This one is installed if the qt-devel is done (SuSE)
Gambas need QT for the IDE interface, check this

After the first ./configure you get a list of disabled components.
You have already start the make so this dump helps but that list
is not here now.

For me the removal of the -fvisibility was the solution to get it work
GCC 3.4

Succes

Ron