[Gambas-user] Questions about Wiki

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Thu Mar 23 12:08:48 CET 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Eilert wrote:

> - On the page for Access(), there is a note at the end. I don't
> understand the intention of that note - is it a question to Benoit or is
> it just meant to be brain sports? :-)

It was me that placed that there and would be happy to complete the
documentation in that section if I knew the behavior of the command in
abscence of the optional argument.  At this juncture I do not know how to
expect that command to behave in such cases.  Does it act is if all the
options are requested, executable only, or something else?

It's just I don't like hanging ambiguities.

PS: Anyone who knows the default behavior may simply fill in the void and
remove the question.  Wiki documentation is nice that way - it allows for
a "living" documentation that can evolve over time in completeness and/or
clarity and/or richness of examples.  If given this information I will add
it as information to the description and drop the question.

PSS: I'm having trouble in 1.9.29 creating files.  It seems no matter what
I set the directory/file permissions to in the project (I went as far as
chmod -R 777 projectdir/myDir but hFile=OPEN "data/myDir/myConfig" AS
OUTPUT CREATE still yields a 53 permission denied error and myConfig was
allowed for writing--note the -R [recursive] option to chmod).
I discover after a few "cannot find directory" that data/ just means the
project directory (there is no 'data' directory there) and for accessing
the file just reading is OK but writes/creates seem to be a problem.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |