[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Mar 17 17:07:58 CET 2006

On Fri March 17 2006 04:44, mike webb wrote:
> haven't tried and don't even know what vmplayer is, will try
> that next. if that doesn't work, i guess its back to msaccess
> :(

"vmplayer" is net slang for "VMware Player".  It's free but not
open source.  It lets you run a virtual Linux machine under
Windows (or Windows machine under Linux, etc.)  They have
preconfigured freely downloadable Linux machines available, and
someone posted to the list recently about running Gambas apps in
one.

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

There are also several totally open source ways to do this, but I
don't know if anyone has used them to run Gambas apps:

CoLinux - http://www.colinux.org/
TopologiLinux - http://topologi-linux.sourceforge.net/ (seems to
be just a preconfigured version of colinux)
QEmu - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QEMU

I also think that a Cygwin version of Gambas will probably happen
before a fully native port.

Rob