[Gambas-user] Program Version conventions

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at ...1367...
Wed Mar 15 20:47:08 CET 2006

I was just wondering if someone could explain how the program version
numbers work (major, minor, release, etc.) and is there a difference in
alpha releases and beta releases regarding these numbers?

I'm assuming my project is in it's "alpha" stage at the moment but when
I get to a stable point and all the functions "seem" to work I assume it
will move to a "beta" stage.  Then when everything is stable and known
to work correctly I assume it will move to it's first major release (as
verion 1.xxx)?

TIA,
Jeff

--