[Gambas-user] gambas and vnc

Fabricio Santos gambas at ...1229...
Sun Mar 5 02:09:12 CET 2006

Viva,

Another possibility, which in my opinion is a much cleaner approach,
would be to run a X server on the XP box and then use XDMCP to allow the
application to be run directly on the XP machine.

Further reading reading:
http://x.cygwin.com/
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XDMCP-HOWTO/

Why is it a cleaner approach? Because X was done from the start to just
do what you need and any other solution is just a workaround.

Now, the configuration of all this is not trivial but once done will
work like a charm.

Of course this has nothing to do with Gambas anymore and this message is
now totaly off topic... :-)

-fs