[Gambas-user] About workspace

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Fri Jun 16 21:04:08 CEST 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 19:59, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> For Benoit:
>
> You need to allow at less multiple selection tab... to allow to show two
> windows in same time...
>
> In fact me too .. i don't really like this new mdi style... but .. you
> already know that :).
>
> Fabien

Hi Fabien,

In fact I do like the mdi in general, only not all the behaviours it
is currently having.
I was one of the requesters in the past for it.
I know also this is the developer version and Benoit must try
things how well it is accepted by the users. That is called development.
The users can give ideas, comments and complains on it and Benoit
can improve it.

Personal I do not dislike the tabbed editor, but the fixed maximise of it.

What I miss is a second editor/viewer open with another class file as reference
during typing code.
i.e. a user defined data type in a class with explanations what all the entries mean.
Having the *.h file open during creation of the *.cpp file.
In this case the always maximized is not good.

Another point is the editor splitted so you can peek in the head of the file
you are creating the globals of that file.
I have seen Benoit has some ideas about it to implement this.
The personal version (.29) I use already has it in readonly mode.

The only real complain I have is the form editor also in the editor tabs.
I like sometimes viewing the form beside the code at initial start a new form.

As comment I miss a border on the Sidepanel.
At least the bar with the buttons should have one visible.
Now it is sometimes a big gray mass and need searching the tiny arrows :)

Looking forward with trust in Benoit is doing well.

Ron