[Gambas-user] Offline documentation is out-of-date

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jun 4 19:24:47 CEST 2006

On Sun June 4 2006 12:20, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> IP addresses on a regular basis.  It would appear wget
> --mirror isn't really a good idea.  Also one would want to
> grab just the part of the documentation that is in their
> desired language.  wget --mirror will grab everything!

Yeah, when I said "that program may be as simple as wget
--mirror", I was speaking of wikis in general (I have seen some
wiki packages that actually suggest that method to generate a
static version) and not the Gambas documentation wiki.  We will
provide a static version, probably a daily snapshot in tarball
or maybe zip format, and I imagine we'll be shipping a copy of
the new static wiki in the Gambas tarball itself before too
long, as we have been with the old static wiki.

Certainly, if a number of outside people or sites were to start
mirroring the wiki independently I'd have to put in some flood
controls, as I mentioned before.

Rob