[Gambas-user] Workspace (outdated)

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Mon Jul 31 01:28:08 CEST 2006

Special for R. Stormo

I got this mail back from ISP as undeliverable.
Error in TO, my fault :(

On Saturday 29 July 2006 08:07, R. Stormo wrote:

> What about an option that says it belong to , and here list the forms?
> This I think is very confusing, because every form are now main form,
> without any titlebar, close button are the mainform, so when I close the
> window the program shut down.
> Labels and buttons are placed as they should, but because of high resolution
> on screen most of the screen are blank. Also not able to use several windows
> up at once and arange them.
>
> How would gimp looked like if it was coded with this, no forms to arrange.
>
> Where to get hold of fabien component?
>

>   --
>       R. Stormo
>   Gambas brings Basic to Linux.
>   My Gambas Community http://forum.stormweb.no

Fabien has released his second version jul-27 at 17:30 or so.

================= First a Warning. =====================
If you want to play safe do not read the remaining part.
This is really for testing/developing a new version of
the workspace as the gb.form.mdi is.

If you want to try You need to get it from the mail list.
Look for [Gambas-user] [Gambas-devel] gb.form.mda-0.20

unpack the archive and place it in the source tree
/home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.35/comp/src where also the gb.form.mdi is.

Then edit in /home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.35/comp/src/order the text line from
  gb.settings gb.info gb.form gb.form.mdi gb.db.form
  gb.settings gb.info gb.form gb.form.mda gb.form.mdi gb.db.form

Add the attached file (copy in text at end) into the gb.form.mda directory
as gb.form.mda.component file.

go to the root /home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.35/ where the source is
installed and type 'make install' again.
This will update the installed version and leave the original IDE as-is.

Then the way I continue for usage:
Copy the
  /home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.35/app/src/gambas2
  /home/ron/src/gambas2

Open with the original installed gambas version 'existing project'
and go to the copied location.

In project->components choose gb.form.mda instead of gb.form.mdi
Only one of them should be selected!!

Do a normal 'make executable' and place a symlink from the result
gambas2.gambas on your desktop.
When you start this symlink it should be you want.

You can use gambas as always but with modified workspace.

Bugs:
As always with every software they can/will be there.
The previous had a few.
After edit on a form and go to the code or property sheet
it could happen on pressing the Delete key you by accident
deleted a control on the form.
Also the 'cut/paste' and 'copy/paste' did not work always
the first 'past' action.
This has happen to me :(
I'm sure Fabien has a look at this issues after my report.

I found for this version after 'maximise' I need sometimes
two times to press the restore button to go the restore state.

Do not complain to Benoit, give correcting hints to Fabien.

Adding the .mda to the existing install does not hurt the official gambas version.
When you find problems in your program try first with the original version to
see it is related to the .mda or it is a gambas general problem.

Note from Benoit:
He prefer to use the .mda in a personal ne project for testing.
He is/was not unwilling to merge it with the current existing
.mdi version but with strong conditions.
(this on forehand from reactions in past)

Happy computing,

Ron

gb.form.mda.component file:

[Component]