[Gambas-user] Exposing Properties of a class..

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Sun Jul 30 16:04:27 CEST 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 15:20, sbungay wrote:
>    Hello ROn!
>      Here is the actual code. The error message I am getting @ compile
> time is;
>
> "A property function can not be public at line 56 in class
> "ClassUnixDateFunctions.class".

I expect that is the line with:
	> PUBLIC SUB UnixTimeStamp_Write(Value AS Integer)

>    It appears that everything is correct.. a few hundred more eyes
> looking it over is always helpful. :)

For the remaining code it looks to me OK.
However I have seen once the same error here to.
I have forgotten the solution I made, the bad thing is not
documented in the class where it happen.

OK I did cut and paste the code
It is exact what the error say's
For all the entries you use a PROPERTY the associated SUB/Function
should in the executing code be PRIVATE instead PUBLIC.

As far I know it could be PUBLIC or PRIVATE in the prehistory of gambas.
Now it is the logical PRIVATE only. PROPERTY is the exported PUBLIC name.

I hope to be correct with this statement :)

Ron