[Gambas-user] got postgres devel packages

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 28 11:19:39 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 09:22, Ramon Orticio wrote:
> dear friends,
>
> got the postgresql-devel-7.3.4-3.rhl9.i386.rpm package for redhat 9
> http://linux.maruhn.com/sec/postgresql-devel.html and got it running using
> the database example in gambas 1.0.16
>
> thanks for the advice.
>
> another problem i have is in using the datareport example. when i try to
> run it a dioalog box appears stating "The program has stopped unexpectedly
> by raising signal #11" i send a bug report to gambas at ...1529...,sourceforge.net.
>  i believe  our friends will have a solution on this  once they have time
> to attend to it.

I didn't succeed in reproduce that.

So do that:

1) Go to the directory of the sources of this example.

$ cd /path/to/database/example

2) Run the interpreter into the debugger.

$ gdb gbx
(gdb) run -p
*crash*

3) Get the backtrace.

(gdb) bt

4) Send me this backtrace.

> thanks again.
>
> ps.
>
> during our software freedom day here in legazpi city, philippines last July
> 24 i introduced  gambas for two hours  as an open source soffware
> alternative to microsoft visual basic using the website of gambas as my
> visual aid.  many students mostly visual basic programmers were amazed of
> its capability upon seeing the different examples and the source codes.  i
> hope many will patronize gambas from our place.

Wow. Cool!

Benoit Minisini