[Gambas-user] How do I turn it off!!!

sbungay sbungay at ...981...
Thu Jul 27 23:46:44 CEST 2006

   Discovered that one already.
   If it absolutely HAS to be done this way (not adviseable) then lets
at least try to improve on it.
   The search list icon looks like it was pulled from an old copy of
Mandrake, the search next and search all icons make little sense (form
follows function.. right?)...this is not a VCR or DVD player so lets
loose that paradigm. I suggest instead that you keep the
magnifying-glass as a theme for searching (which you already have with
little paw prints around it) so there is some consistency in the interface.

Magnyfying glass superimposed over
    - a list (like a listbox) = Search List.
    - over a File Icon = Search File.
    - Over a Gant Chart = Search Project

   Now, make a few different sizes of these. At 1600 by 1200 the icons
are incredibly small on my laptop screen. At 1280 by 1024 they are
readable on my 17 inch LCD... but just barely. I like to work in the
highest resolution possible so I have as much screen realestate as I can
  (yes it can be hard on the eyes (especially if using an old out of
focus CRT LOL :)).
   The blue Arrows for swapping information between boxes? what were
your thoughts behind that? I agree it might come in handy, but only if
you entered the data in the wrong place (which I have had happen perhaps
all of one-time when using a more conventional S&R dialogue in another
visually based BASIC that we all know and love.
   Also suggest that if ctrl+f pops up the gui tool then it could also
remove it when it is visible. Esc works too, but this is not something
that is modal, so you're not exactly escaping from anything, and in the
greater context of the IDE pressing Esc to arbitrarily remove the search
  toolbar doesn't make much intuitive sense.

Steve :)