[Gambas-user] Print probleem with pictures/text

Timothy Marshal-Nichols timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...
Fri Jul 21 08:22:02 CEST 2006

*** Timothy: Without seeing your work it is hard to say. Possible answers
are: (1) You are drawing over your image with something. (2) You have more
than one Draw.Begin().
***

> On first view I do not see the different ATM.
>
> Two questions.
>
> The step where the scale is done should not be need.
> The images should already at correct size.
>   ImageToPrint=img(imgTop,.......)
>
> is next allowed? (just to be sure)
>   ImageToPrint=ImgTop
> or must it be
>   ImageToPrint=ImgTop.Copy()
> This are the things ( .Copy() ) confusing me :(

*** Timothy: No problem. I just wanted the example to be a little more
general. After all part of the UNIX Philosophy is 'solve the general problem
and then apply it to your specific needs'. This idea goes back to the first
pioneers of UNIX. It is still a good one.
***

> Second
> In the example you handle a label/textbox style.
> I need also a way for text with multi lines (textArea style)

*** Timothy: The text is taken from a TextArea and should be multi line in
the print out. The Align options like Center do work.

What I think you want is a 'WordWrap' option. This is not supported by the
Draw.Text() method. But it should be possible to use Draw.TextWidth(txt) to
create a usable version of WordWrap. Evan if it is not perfect.
***

> The Draw.Clip(x,y,w,h) should help to do that but I cant get it working.
> Do you think it is a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

*** Timothy: Clip works for me. But I do not think you need it.

> Don't hurry, you have to do more.
> For me it would be nice to know something more before monday.
>
> In the mean time I will play with your example and hope to find

*** Timothy: MAKE SURE YOU ADD IN THE BUG FIX FROM MY PREVIOUS EMAIL.