[Gambas-user] little boring bug

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Thu Jul 20 20:49:11 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:15, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> @ Ron Onstenk:
> I remember you confirmed the help page bug
> in 1.9.32. What about for 1.9.34 on your system? Thanks.

I can only tell in .33 I have seen it to. :(
The latest .34 is in the download/developer/ map but I'm
ATM not interested to complie and install it.

I did dump the PC this afternone in the trash can at work place
due the print problems and some other components and go home.

I lost so much time to try and invent how to use gambas after a
good start to fill in the runtime details in the project that I'm
now finished to continue with it.

I have pull the old CD with the MS Access version out the cabinet.
Need to setup the 3 background flow control servers and remove
linux/gambas from all the workstations.

For the report of the help problem.
Every one must have it but as you assume the do not use the help
or there are no users left using gambas.

> So, I promise this is the last bug report about the help page.
I understand it anyway.

For the first case I can't imagine they know all without it.
Yes the auto complete can help during typing, the toolbox to
provide the controls but for DB, Printer, Dialog and more
you need at least once use the help (i do).

I'm afraid the second is starting. In the pre version 1 time
there has been a very active usage of this mail list.
The good old (young!) Benoit was replying on almost every
report and question. He has less time ATM as he mentioned shortly.
I'm missing Rob Kudla, Charlie, Nigel, Olivier, Brent and more
that where frequently on the list but now by accident.

In the mean time there are some forums dedicated to gambas
started but on most I see questions with out answer.
That will not be in favour of gambas.
Benoit uses simple the sourceforge list as the only communication
channel. So if the people do not get a answer on there favourite
forum they should post it here but they don't.

And the users should be realistic that Benoit (French,English speaking)
can't visit all the forums with local language spoken/written questions/reports.
This way it will lead to end of support on gambas because the people
will, must and do it in there native language.
Sorry guys. Not totally wrong but good neither.
But working with computers as programmer is international and English
is the base language of it, for communication and programming.

Yes, I program in English, grammar is bad, I know :) and I do not
know the exact translation in Dutch but in time I have learned what
those English words mean in practice and I can use them/it.
A dictionary can also help and I do have it by hand.

Oeps
Again a long 'epistel' from me,

Ron