[Gambas-user] VB6 to Gambas Global arrays

R A Turney raturney at ...159...
Mon Jul 17 04:24:47 CEST 2006

Never mind, I was mistaken.  I don't need a global array, just one that
is visible to a single module or class.  I was using the wrong syntax in
Gambas 1.0.11.  I installed 1.9.33 and declared the arrays as Benoit had
suggested, i.e.

	PUBLIC Graph AS NEW Float[200, 6]

One thing I had to adjust for was the fact that the array index begins
with "0" and I was converting a VB6 program that used "Option Base 1"
which makes the index start with "1".  A very minor adjustment.

I have noticed that the Gambas program is very slow in its computation
compared to VB6.  I am hoping that this is because it is interpreted
instead of compiled. I don't think I can make an executable in this
version. Is this correct?

Thanks,
-Bob