[Gambas-user] Gambas RoadMap

Vincenzo Ing. Virgilio w at ...731...
Wed Jul 5 16:20:03 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I usually don't write much publicly, but this time I do becouse I asked
and I ask again to Benoit to include as soon as possible the 64bit
migration of Gambas.
Why, you should ask, becouse your actual computer has not an AMD64 or
EM64T processor inside?
Becouse your next computer will do.
Linux has been the first OS to become available on 64bit system since
1994, the first Alpha porting (note A is Upper Case, it's the Digital
processor)
On Sparc64 and on PowerPC4 Linux is the only alternative to proprietary
OS and often the preferred choice.
We will stay with Gambas2 for a long while, like for all stable
releases, and if could be interesting some backporting of features to
Gambas1, we shall look to the future, and in the Santa Claus bag will be
a lot of 64bit PC, right to the end of this year.
Linux is almost ready, and I think Gambas 2.0 should.
I spoke about this in the past with Benoit, and I hope many of you will
ask for.
I started trying to accomplish the task, but it's impossible if Benoit
don't decide so, and i will respect his decision, after talking about a
little!

Vincenzo Virgilio