[Gambas-user] Online help

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jul 2 21:42:19 CEST 2006

On Sun July 2 2006 13:05, rolf wrote:
> I would like to build for a larger programm system a kontext
> sensitiv help, perhaps with a help button.
> How can I realize this with one (html) file?

I see two ways to do it, if you want to limit it to one file....

1. Put all the help in one file, and set up anchors for each
keyword corresponding to a particular context:

<a name="OptionsDialog"></a>

And then when you bring up your help browser, specify
#OptionsDialog at the end of the URL you use to display the help
file.  The other way is....

2. Put all the help in one file, and insert comments indicating
the start and end of each context.

<!-- BEGIN OptionsDialog -->
<h2>Options Dialog</h2>
This is the dialog where you set the options.
<!-- END OptionsDialog -->

And then, in the help browser you write, you can iterate through
the HTML file a line at a time, and display only those lines
between the BEGIN and END comments for your desired context.

Rob