[Gambas-user] tBeginners Guide To Gambas by JW Rittinghouse

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jan 26 01:55:20 CET 2006

On Wed January 25 2006 15:07, Clarke Pelz wrote:
> going.  The pdf file doesn't allow printing though, so
> studying it will be a headache.

While I support John's endeavor to write a Gambas book, and look
forward to buying it when it's published, I don't support DRM in
any form.  I encourage you to look into Ghostscript for printing
encrypted PDF files; google Ghostscript encrypted PDF and you
should be all set.  You can also use this fairly short Perl
script:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gallery/pdfdecrypt.pl

Since John has licensed his book under the OpenContent license
(it says so on every single page of the e-book), it appears to
my never-took-a-law-class eyes to be perfectly within your
rights to decrypt and print whatever you like.  PDF printing
restrictions are kind of risible anyway, when the price of paper
and ink to print an e-book locally makes buying the actual book
seem cheap in comparison.

Rob