[Gambas-user] this is vague but

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Wed Jan 25 16:54:06 CET 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 00:50, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 January 2006 00:57, johnf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have only started getting a few hundred lines of code into one form
> > class. So what I'm about to say is not completely tested nor can I repeat
> > it for the moment.
> >
> > While editing one of my form classes I created a coding error.  I some
> > how forgot a "End If".  But the class compiled without error.  So I
> > thought that the compiler found the required "end if" or something.  So I
> > added the "end if" and it compiled and worked.  Then I made another
> > coding with a "Endif" (that's right I typed "Endif").  And the compiler
> > again compiled without error.  But, it did not run correctly and of
> > course debugging did not work correctly either.  I did not find it for a
> > hour.  But like I said it did compile and did not provided any error
> > messages.
> >
> > Is there a question?  Not really, just wondering aloud.
> >
> > John
>
> If you don't send your project, how can I fix the problem? :-)

I would send the project but it is working and at the time of the problem I
just fixed it.  Like I said this was vague at best and at the time did not
realize what was wrong.  Of course as the programmer I blamed myself and only
later thought it best if I reported the issue.  Example of why I say it was
vague:
1.  Did I always have that "Endif" statement in the code?
2.  Does the compiler assume a missing "End If" if the "End If" only contains
one "then" statement as in
if something then
 do something

3.  Was the error somewhere else - I ended up replacing code from a backup.

John

John