[Gambas-user] Programming references

frame down under framedownunder at ...626...
Wed Jan 25 01:06:24 CET 2006

Hi List,

I could recommend the book by john w rittinghouse who has written a
beginners guide.

A quick google search found it  available for download at linspire:

http://www.linspire.com/download_package_source.php?filename=gambas-beginner-guide_1.0-0.0.0.50.linspire0.1.tar.gz&url=http://10.0.0.84:80/cnrPackageServer.php?fileLocation=/linspire/pkgsrv/pool-src%2Fg%2Fgambas-beginner-guide/gambas-beginner-guide_1.0-0.0.0.50.linspire0.1.tar.gz

In my view OOP is just a way to organise your code, all be it a
special way "-) in OOP's case i like to see them as ordinary functions
organised in a tree like structure. Most of them are programmed or
interfaced by benoit himself (not trivial) to ease of use in a
development environment. You basically just point and click, creating
objects. To program functionallity for those objects one must go back
to programming sequentially inside the function, thas is, interpreted
line by line.

Thats all there is to OOP really. Getting to know the built in
functions is a better way to learn a language then breaking one's mind
over jargon.

Bottom liners:
-Everything is fair if you predeclare (variables)
-There are always 2 programmers on your project. You, and you in 6
months for maintenance.

Good Learning,

framedownunder
using gambas .13 for a POS