[Gambas-user] Parsing through all controls of a form

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jan 19 22:55:17 CET 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 17:17, johnf wrote:

> Could you add an extra - tag property. We would have two (2) tag like
> properties.  So not to break older coding maybe you could add the new
> property with a different name - like tag2.
> John

As said in the other answers, the tag property is a variant, so you can put
whatever you want inside.

Another way of doing what you need is creating a component with your own
controls inheriting gambas controls, with the needed properties added.

For example:

--8<------------------------------------------------------------------------
' MyComboBox.class

EXPORT
INHERITS ComboBox

PROPERTY MyFirstProperty AS String
PROPERTY MySecondProperty AS String

PUBLIC CONST _Properties AS String = "*,MyFirstProperty,MySecondProperty"
[...]

The next version of the IDE will support making components in Gambas more
easily than the current one.

Benoit Minisini