[Gambas-user] Parsing through all controls of a form

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Jan 19 17:38:05 CET 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 15:04, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2006 23:41, johnf wrote:

--8<--

> > John
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB ClearFields(formname AS Window)
> > 'a way to loop thru the controls
> >    DIM hControl, tabControl AS Control
> >    DIM iNumTabs, imynum AS Integer
> >    DIM i AS Integer
> >    DIM sNames AS String
> >    DIM myVariant AS Variant
> >
> >    FOR EACH hControl IN formname.Children
> >       IF Object.Class(hControl) = "TextBox" OR Object.Class(hControl) =

--8<--

> >    'editmode(FALSE)
> >    'custno.Enabled = TRUE
> > END
> >

> I just finished to implement the pseudo-collection "Window.Controls", that
> will allow you to recursively enumerate all controls on a form.
>
> Your loop will look like:
>
> FOR EACH hControl IN formname.Controls
> NEXT
>
> You will get it in the next development version release.
>
> Regards,

Name collision ???
In the example code a formname as Window ?
Iteration the formname.children, here the children are controls.

Now you made the pseudo-collection "Window.Controls", nice
> Your loop will look like:
>
> FOR EACH hControl IN formname.Controls
or do you mean implement the Form.Controls ?

But why is it then new?
Is this not the same as Form.Children?
The help says for gb.qt.form and gb.qt.window

  PROPERTY READ Children AS .ContainerChildren
  Returns a collection of each control included in the container.

Maybe a declaration what a form and window means can help.
For me the are almost identical, however I can see the form as the real
object and window as the presentation by a window using X/QT or X/GTK
or kind of textframe using ncurses.

Confused Ron :)