[Gambas-user] Wanted String got Blob Instead gambas 1.9.23

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 11 00:44:41 CET 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 19:09, Lorenzo Tejera wrote:
> Errrrrr....
>
> Probing the last version, some software who works fine, now said:
>
> Wanted String got Blob Instead
>
> and my Field is a Mediumtext!!!
>
> Mysql server version: 5.0.18-Debian_1-log
>
> Any idea Benoit?

In mySQL (I dislike him more and more), there is no difference between TEXT
fields and BLOB fields. So to implement it in the gambas database driver, I
decided to use "LONG TEXT".

It is strange that you tell that your field is a "MEDIUM TEXT". Logically,
only "LONG TEXT" are recognized as BLOB by the gambas mysql driver...

Are you sure that your field is "MEDIUM TEXT" ?

I can make a mistake of course, as sometimes mySQL identifies the datatype of
a field precisely (TINY, MEDIUM, LONG TEXT/BLOB), and sometimes it just tells
you that it is a TEXT field, and I have to check the maximum length of the
data to know if it is TINY, MEDIUM, or LONG.

Sorry for that! :-)

--
Benoit Minisini