[Gambas-user] Saving & Loading multible Variables

Muriel Bodard abidoo.too at ...11...
Tue Jan 10 18:44:27 CET 2006

Le Lundi 09 Janvier 2006 19:12, Scott a écrit :
> Hi again,
>
>     I found a walk around my problem with saving and loading multiple
> variables.  It is simple to save and load a single variable, so I simply
> saved each variable to a different file.  It is a little messy, but it
> works; and in the end that is what really matters :)  If anyone can
> still tell me how to save multiple variables into a single file, that
> would be nice.
>
>     I have placed the code down I used in a test program that works just
> in case other people are having the same problem and don't mind my quick
> fix to this problem.  I even added a bit in to save the files to a
> specific folder and to create that folder if it does not exist.
>
> PUBLIC SUB Save_Click()
>
> DIM a AS String
> DIM b AS String
> DIM c AS String
> DIM d AS String
> DIM fe AS Boolean
>
> fe = Exist ( system.Home &/"savetest" )
> IF fe = FALSE THEN MKDIR system.Home &/"savetest"
>
> a = textbox1.Text
> b = textbox2.Text
> c = textbox3.Text
> d = textbox4.Text
>
> File.Save(system.Home &/"savetest/testa.txt", a)
> File.Save(system.Home &/"savetest/testb.txt", b)
> File.Save(system.Home &/"savetest/testc.txt", c)
> File.Save(system.Home &/"savetest/testd.txt", d)
>
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB Load_Click()
>
> DIM a AS String
> DIM b AS String
> DIM c AS String
> DIM d AS String
>
> a = File.Load(system.Home &/"savetest/testa.txt")
> b = File.Load(system.Home &/"savetest/testb.txt")
> c = File.Load(system.Home &/"savetest/testc.txt")
> d = File.Load(system.Home &/"savetest/testd.txt")
>
> textbox5.Text = a
> textbox6.Text = b
> textbox7.Text = c
> textbox8.Text = d
>
> END

ARRRRRGH !

8°O  What is that ?

Look :
Private arsValues as String[]

Public sub Main()
  Dim s as string

  arsValue = New String[]

  arsValue.Add("Val1")
  arsValue.Add("Val2")
  arsValue.Add("Val3")
  arsValue.Add("Val4")

  Save

  arsValue.Clear

  Load

    For each s in arsValue
      Print s
    Next

End

Public Sub Save()
  File.Save(system.Home &/"savetest/testd.txt", arsValue.Join("\n"))
End

Public Sub Load()
  arsValue =Split( File.Load(system.Home &/"savetest/testd.txt"), "\n")
End

Never The less gambas have a setting system

Use it !

Private MySetting as Setting

in a sub...

MySetting = New Setting(system.Home &/"savetest/testd.txt")

Setting["Val1"] = Val1
Setting["Val2"] = Val2
etc...
Setting.Save

To LoadSetting:

Val1 = Setting["Val1"]
etc

to remove a setting if i remember good...

Setting["Val1"] = Null

Regards,
Fabien Bodard