[Gambas-user] A window manager?

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Feb 28 18:13:32 CET 2006

On Tue February 28 2006 04:06, GuruLounge - MailLists wrote:
> Now all I need to do is figure out how to add window controls
> to the apps that I start so I can move and minimize things.
> Any ideas?

I have done this before, but I created a script file that started
a window manager prior to my app.  Maybe adding

SHELL "sawfish"

to the Form_Open of your Gambas app will do what you want?  (I
picked Sawfish because it has no desktop, panel or any of that
stuff, just highly configurable window controls, a root menu,
etc.)

The other option is to make your Gambas app the size of the
user's screen, relocate it to 0,0 (if it'll do that with no
window manager present) and do everything on one form with no
Message objects or pop-up windows.

Rob