[Gambas-user] gambas and vnc

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 28 16:52:23 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 10:17, mike webb wrote:
> wrote a little program in gambas that seems to be working so far.
> i have a question about vnc though.
> the user is running a winxp computer, he logs into my linux machine
> using tightvnc.
> the moment the gnome desktop pops up on his screen i can see the look of
> confusion on his face.
> what i would really like is for my just my program to pop up on his
> screen, it would be easier for him if it looked
> as much as possiable like a reglure windows app running on his pc.
> i didn't think doing that would be possiable but after reading about the
> "gambas as a window manager" mail and finding
> out that you only need an x session to run gambas i got to thinking
> maybe it could be done.
> this is what i have in the xstartup file on my linux machine now.
> unset SESSION_MANAGER
> exec etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
>
> anyone know how to change this to give the xp user the illison that
> their running an windows program on their own computer and not a linux
> program on another computer.

I don't know how Qt applications behave without a window manager. But if you
are the only one application launched, you should have the keyboard focus.
Then you just need to be maximized. I don't know if Desktop.Width and
Desktop.Height are accurated without a window manager.

The better I think, would be running a window manager (a light one), and
running the gambas application fullscreen.

Please try, and describe me your experience.

Benoit Minisini