AW: [Gambas-user] gambas and vnc

Matthias Laur matthias-laur at ...978...
Tue Feb 28 15:42:37 CET 2006

Put your application to the auto-start. Let it run in full-screen-modus. You
can use a very thin windowmanager like icewm or fluxbox.

Regards,
Matthias

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] Im Auftrag von mike webb
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Februar 2006 10:18
An: gambas mail
Betreff: [Gambas-user] gambas and vnc

wrote a little program in gambas that seems to be working so far.
i have a question about vnc though.
the user is running a winxp computer, he logs into my linux machine
using tightvnc.
the moment the gnome desktop pops up on his screen i can see the look of
confusion on his face.
what i would really like is for my just my program to pop up on his
screen, it would be easier for him if it looked
as much as possiable like a reglure windows app running on his pc.
i didn't think doing that would be possiable but after reading about the
"gambas as a window manager" mail and finding
out that you only need an x session to run gambas i got to thinking
maybe it could be done.
this is what i have in the xstartup file on my linux machine now.
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

anyone know how to change this to give the xp user the illison that
their running an windows program on their own computer and not a linux
program on another computer.