[Gambas-user] mysql question (about drivers)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 25 20:04:36 CET 2006

On Saturday 25 February 2006 18:33, Bob Turney wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 18:10 +0100, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 February 2006 16:39, Bob Turney wrote:
> > > This is my first post to the group.  Thank you for making this forum
> > > available!
> > >
> > > I have written engineering software with VB5-6 for many years and still
> > > do at work.  But, at home I switched over about a year ago to Linux
> > > (SuSE 9.3, KDE 3.4.0 Level "b").  Finding out about Gambas was one of
> > > the best surprises of my switch to Linux!
> > >
> > > My question is why do I get the following error: "Cannot find driver
> > > for database: mysql" when I run the Database example program included
> > > with the Gambas package?  I am using Gambas 1.0.11 and I have installed
> > > gambas-gb-db-mysql (1.0.11-0.gbv.1) described as "The MySQL driver for
> > > the Gambas database component".  I am running version 5.0.17-standard
> > > of MySQL (Community edition).
> > >
> > > Thank you very much,
> > > Bob
> >
> > I don't know, it should work. Maybe there is a problem in the package...
> > You get this error message if the file 'gb.db.mysql.so' is missing. This
> > file must be placed with other gambas components.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> It doesn't look like I have gb.db.mysql.so unless you meant
> lib.gb.db.mysql.so?
> Here's what I found:
>
> linux:/home/rat # locate gb.db.mysql.so
>
> /usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.db.mysql.so
> /usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.db.mysql.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.db.mysql.so.0.0.0
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Yes, in the stable version, there is the 'lib' prefix... So it should work,
very strange... Can you send me the output of 'strace' applied to the
database example until you get the 'Cannot find database driver' error
message?

--
Benoit Minisini