[Gambas-user] mysql question (about drivers)

Bob Turney raturney at ...159...
Sat Feb 25 18:33:02 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 18:10 +0100, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> On Saturday 25 February 2006 16:39, Bob Turney wrote:
> > This is my first post to the group.  Thank you for making this forum
> > available!
> >
> > I have written engineering software with VB5-6 for many years and still
> > do at work.  But, at home I switched over about a year ago to Linux
> > (SuSE 9.3, KDE 3.4.0 Level "b").  Finding out about Gambas was one of
> > the best surprises of my switch to Linux!
> >
> > My question is why do I get the following error: "Cannot find driver for
> > database: mysql" when I run the Database example program included with
> > the Gambas package?  I am using Gambas 1.0.11 and I have installed
> > gambas-gb-db-mysql (1.0.11-0.gbv.1) described as "The MySQL driver for
> > the Gambas database component".  I am running version 5.0.17-standard of
> > MySQL (Community edition).
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> > Bob
>
> I don't know, it should work. Maybe there is a problem in the package... You
> get this error message if the file 'gb.db.mysql.so' is missing. This file
> must be placed with other gambas components.
>
> Regards,

It doesn't look like I have gb.db.mysql.so unless you meant
lib.gb.db.mysql.so?
Here's what I found:

linux:/home/rat # locate gb.db.mysql.so

/usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.db.mysql.so
/usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.db.mysql.so.0
/usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.db.mysql.so.0.0.0

Best regards,
Bob