[Gambas-user] Two questions: Images in binaries & networking

Andreas Fröhlke afroehlke at ...784...
Tue Feb 21 09:00:00 CET 2006

GuruLounge - MailLists schrieb:
> Hello again.
>
> #1)
>
> I'm building a project that uses a number of small icon images.  They're
> stored in the project directory under "images".  Is there anyway to
> store images inside your final binary executable?  Conveniently speaking
> of course.
>
> If not, I suppose I could find a way to convert the image files to
> base64 strings and store them in the project then dump them to image
> files in the executable directory if they don't already exist.
>
> #2)
>
> I'd like to find a way to browse a network, see available servers, view
> file shares, etc.  Preferably in SAMBA.  I'm under the impression Gambas
> isn't quite this advanced yet.  But it does have a networking component
> of which I haven't found much documentation or sample projects.  Any
> tips on this?
>
> TIA,
> Jeff

hello

#1:

You can store the images in PictureBoxes inside the Project. So they
will be stored inside your final binary executable. If there are to many
images use an collection and store each picture in Pictureboxes in it.
So you don't have all the boxes on your form.

#2:

I don't know. ;)

Andreas