[Gambas-user] Two questions: Images in binaries & networking

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at ...1367...
Mon Feb 20 20:44:18 CET 2006

Hello again.

#1)

I'm building a project that uses a number of small icon images.  They're
stored in the project directory under "images".  Is there anyway to
store images inside your final binary executable?  Conveniently speaking
of course.

If not, I suppose I could find a way to convert the image files to
base64 strings and store them in the project then dump them to image
files in the executable directory if they don't already exist.

#2)

I'd like to find a way to browse a network, see available servers, view
file shares, etc.  Preferably in SAMBA.  I'm under the impression Gambas
isn't quite this advanced yet.  But it does have a networking component
of which I haven't found much documentation or sample projects.  Any
tips on this?

TIA,
Jeff

--