[Gambas-user] Static executibles

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Feb 20 21:48:03 CET 2006

On Mon February 20 2006 14:43, GuruLounge - MailLists wrote:
> Any chance of being able to compile static executables in the
> near future?  Or perhaps a hefty gambas runtime library I can
> drop on a machine along with my app?

There'd have to be a lot of work done on the interpreter (to make
it a library like VB's DLL, and to be able to include all the
components) before you could really attempt that.  I think that
a more likely solution will be that the Klik single-file
distro-independent system will take off.  Then you just have to
make sure the end user has the Klik client and send them a CMG
file (or if it's a publicly available app and you put it in the
klik repository, a link to klik://yourapp.)

> After a bit of futzing around I managed to get my apps to work
> on my other machines via YUM gambas-runtime* and
> gambas-gb-qt*.  It installed quite a bit of extra packages
> though.

They may have been the dependencies needed for gambas-gb-qt.  My
gambas2-gb-qt RPM package on this laptop needs these resources:

gambas2-runtime = 1.9.20
libqt-mt.so.3 >= 3.2
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libgcc_s.so.1
libm.so.6
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libpthread.so.0
libqt-mt.so.3
libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4)

All of which are provided by:

gambas2-runtime-1.9.20-1rk
glibc-2.3.5-5mdk
libgcc1-4.0.1-4mdk
libqt3-3.3.4-19mdk
libstdc++6-4.0.1-4mdk

Does that look like the list of stuff it wanted to install?

Rob