[Gambas-user] Static executibles

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at ...1367...
Mon Feb 20 20:43:56 CET 2006

About a year ago I switched all my desktops from Windows to Fedora 3 & 4
with considerable success.  Now that I've become familiar with Linux I
started doing a little programming.  I'm familiar with MSVB so coming
across Gambas was a nice surprise.  It has a lot of incredible features
that make programming in Linux a breeze.

One thing I did like about VB apps was simply dropping MSVBM60.DLL on a
machine to get the apps to work.

Any chance of being able to compile static executables in the near
future?  Or perhaps a hefty gambas runtime library I can drop on a
machine along with my app?

After a bit of futzing around I managed to get my apps to work on my
other machines via YUM gambas-runtime* and gambas-gb-qt*.  It installed
quite a bit of extra packages though.

Thanx for you work guys!
Jeff

--