[Gambas-user] Is there a limit to exec string

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Feb 15 12:09:02 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 10:30, Andreas Fröhlke wrote:
> johnf schrieb:
> > Hi,
> > Is there a limit to the length of the string that a
> > connection.exec(string) can accept?  Does it truncate?  When I pass a
> > string with a length of 370 chars I think it is truncating the string.
> >
> > John

There is no theorical limit, but the database backend can limit the size of a
request. You should read the documentation of your database server to know
more. For example, a mySQL request cannot be larger than 1 Mb - I may be
wrong, this is just an example :-)

Benoit Minisini