[Gambas-user] Error compiling 1.9.24

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Tue Feb 7 19:46:51 CET 2006

On Monday 06 February 2006 23:30, Eilert wrote:
> Rob Kudla schrieb:
> >On Mon February 6 2006 04:51, Eilert wrote:
> >>And when I compile, after a while the following happens. Does
> >>this have to do with above messages?
> >
> >Sure looks like you don't have the PCRE development files
> >installed (probably a package called "pcre-devel" or something
> >similar) or it's too old a version, or maybe even too new a
> >version.  Without seeing what version and distro you're using
> >and the output of your configure script I have no way to be
> >sure.
> >
> >Rob
>
> Hi Rob and all others,
>
> ok ok, it's Suse 9.1, and yes, pcre-devel is installed, the version is
> 4.4-109.4
>
> Well, it says, the installed version is 4.4-109.4 and the version
> available is 4.4-109, so I guess the installed version is a fix or patch...
>
> Does this tell you something?
>
> You really want me to quote the whole output of the configure script here?
>
> Rolf
I realize there are others that will help you to compile but I think you
should really consider upgrading your version of SUSE.  SUSE 10.0 is free
(OpenSUSE) and for the most part it is very easy to upgrade. If you don't I
would expect that you will have security issues and development issues for
the future.

John