[Gambas-user] Gambas 1.9.24 package for Ubuntu 5.10

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Feb 6 19:19:42 CET 2006

On Mon February 6 2006 08:40, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Having just a big package prevents people  from download
> what they need
> without bloat.  For people who  need the complete environment,
> is just matter of creating a virtual package, for example
> called 'gambas' which installs all the rest of packages. That
> way people can choose the two ways.

In the days following 1.0 (before Mandrake included Gambas
packages in contrib) lots of people who didn't know how to add
package sources or use the command line would ask me for a
single gigantic RPM of Gambas so they didn't have to click on 18
different files to download them.  So I made a package called
"gambas-complete" that included the files from all the other
packages.

I stopped building that package last spring, and haven't gotten
any complaints, so I guess it's just a matter of getting all
those little packages into each distribution's official
repositories.

I agree that all the little packages are they way to go - that's
the only way I was able to get Gambas installed on gambasdoc.org
which has no KDE, Postgres or SDL ;)

Rob