[Gambas-user] HSplit with more than 1 element

Timothy Marshal-Nichols timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...
Thu Feb 2 17:03:09 CET 2006

Other options include:

A.) For a collection of, say buttons, you could us an HPanel. When this is
resized it rearranges the controls.

B.) To allow the user to selected between groups of controls add gb.form to
your components and use the ToolPanel. Set the count to the number of panels
you want. Click on the panel you want to add controls to. You can also set
an Picture to each panel to make it look pretty.

Thanks

8-{)} Timothy Marshal-Nichols
<mailto: timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...>

-----Original Message-----
From: gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Eilert
Sent: Thursday, 02 February 2006 09:06
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] HSplit with more than 1 element

Hi Timothy,

thanks for that tip. I forgot to mention that I need more than 2
controls on the left, so I ended up putting the controls into a panel
and placing the panel on the left side. This has the disadvantage that
you cannot stretch the elements on left inidividually, but it does what
it's supposed to do.

Timothy Marshal-Nichols schrieb:

>1. Place an HSplit on the form
>2. Place a VSplit in the HSplit on the left
>3. Place the controls you want in the VSplit (your 1 and 2)
>4. Place the other control you want on the right of the HSplit (your 3)

It takes some fiddling on the Arrange and Resize etc. properties, but
now it looks the way I had in mind when I started.

Rolf