[Gambas-user] Gambas Development

Stephen Bungay sbungay at ...981...
Wed Aug 23 21:59:40 CEST 2006

  1.) What kinds of applications are you creating?
       At the moment I am building a Point Of Sale system for an Edutainment
       company. There is more on the drawing board for this same company
       including creating a GUI programming tool for Lego Robotics and a
       multi-media course deployment application.

  2.) Novell lists this as a developing tool, when will it be considered
      ready?
      I can't speak for Novell, but comparing gambas to something like VB 6
      I'd say gambas is more mature than VB 6.0 was/is.

3.) What type of companies are using Gambas.
     Add Edutainment companies to the list.

4.) What is the future of Gambas?
    Benoit can best answer that one. IMHO Linux needs gambas. There's a whole
    cadre of VB programmers out there who have yet to discover Linux and
    develop applications for it.

5.) Is anyone building reuseable components?
     I sure hope so.

Steve :)