[Gambas-user] [Gambas-devel] Gambas Development

Fabien Bodard sirfabien at ...626...
Wed Aug 23 21:39:21 CEST 2006

Le Mercredi 23 Août 2006 20:24, Scott, Vince a écrit :
> Hello to All:
>
> I am sending this email to get a response from the Gambas developement
> community. I work for a world wide restaurant chain and I am currently
> working on some prototype applications (proof of concept) for SUSE Linux
> using Gambas as a development tool. I have recreated several of our small
> applications using Gambas and have been very please with the results over
> the past several months. I have used both the stable versions and the
> developing version to create applications. The purpose of this email is to
> find out what others are doing with Gambas. What kind of applications are
> being created, what are you using Gambas to create? My company is worried
> about the future of using a tool like Gambas. Here are a few questions that
> I would like to have answer if you would please take the time.
>
> 1.) What kinds of application are you creating?
> 2.) Novell list this as a developing tool, when will it be considered
> ready? 3.) What type of companies are using Gambas.
> 4.) What is the future of Gambas?
> 5.) Is anyone building reuseable componants?

> Thanks,
> Vince Scott

I can't answer myselft for all the queries but its are really interresting.

1)
For my part i devellop some management application like accounting, and for my
estate management. (i'm vinegrower). I've doing for some consumer some cgi
apps too.

2)
Benoit ?... I don't know for the 2.0 stable Release, the 1.0 the stable and
maintained.

3) We need to query all the gambas users here.

4) It depend of 2 things, First ... is there suffiselly users to have a goal
to survive... second... Benoit need at term to won some money with it.

5) yes me :) Witch kind ? Gambas or C ?

I've a purpose,

I send this mail to the user mailing list too...

NOW TO ALL THE GAMBAS USERS, PLEASE ANSWER THE QUERIES YOU CAN DO.

then i will make a summary on a web page and maybe Benoit can add it on the
gambas web site. So every company salary can have support to explain why
gambas is a true tool, and can in a way simplify apps devellopement.

Or maby someone more professionnal than me can do this job ?

Regards,

Fabien Bodard