[Gambas-user] new hide event policy

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 16 12:18:23 CEST 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 04:08, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, all. Hi, Benoit.
>
> >From 1.9.35 I read:
>
> * NEW: Show and Hide events are not sent anymore if they come from the
>   window manager. This is experimental too!
>
> Now, the problem is that in a certain project the program
> to something when the hide event is raised.
>
> Before this change if a user clicked the minimized button,
> the hide event was raised and a certain actions could have been
> done. Now if a user clicks the minimize button, which event
> is raised?
>
> Put a timer and check the state of the form
> every nanoseconds is not good and so... what?
>
> Am I the only one missing the hide event generated
> by a minimize button click?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefano Palmeri

Mmm... You are right.

I think I should make a different event, because really hiding the window by
calling Hide() or Close() is different from being hidden by a window manager.

Or maybe I shouldn't? :-)

What I will do is reactivating the Show and Hide event when the cause is the
window manager, except that the shown or hidden window won't raise its
associated action in this case.

Benoit Minisini