[Gambas-user] Using static .a libraries

Juan Jose Costello Levien jclevien at ...626...
Mon Aug 14 03:10:19 CEST 2006

Hello,

Just a thought: is possible to load a static library inside Gambas and treat
it like a component?
I am thinking about doing something with the LibVNCServer project. I
contributed sometime ago to it, because it is cool, I think.
But would be GREAT to have a VNC Viewer/Server component for Gambas. Just
imagine: you build a program with Gambas and remote control capabilities.
You can export it to a VNC framebuffer which can be seen by any viewer
inside other machine.

Does anyone is involucrated in the job? I can build LibVNCServer and it
produces an .a library. It would be good to import it inside Gambas as a
cool starting point.

I will hear your opinions and suggestions.
As usual, thank you for doing so cool program.

Juan