[Gambas-user] question about licenses

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Tue Aug 8 16:46:45 CEST 2006

SZTIBI ha scritto:
> Hi all.
> Just graduated student wishes to create software company in the domain
> of  programming under linux.
>  Sadly in the region noone is able to provide us the necesarry
> information about licenses, so we came with our offer.
> We thought to use some of the free linux distributions like fedora or
> ubuntu with and install on them Gambas.
> We would like to know if we can develop programs for our company needs
> and for sell as well.
>
>  Thank you for your reply in advance.
> With regards Szelitzky Tibor.

> Get on board. You're invited
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>
> to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

I know that Gambas if opensource and GPL licenced so you can download,
modify and compile on any system and write any application you want.
But... Gambas can uses QT components... and I know that QT licence is a
little bit different... I know that on Linux the use and compiling of
applications using QT libraries is free of charge is those ones are
distribuited themselves free of charge...
So, if you write and application with Gambas using QT components and
think to sell it, I think that TrollTech could have some words to say...
Am I right?

--
Ciao.
Leo