[Gambas-user] More Missing Icons...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 7 12:49:54 CEST 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 12:26, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> On Monday 07 August 2006 11:55, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > On Monday 07 August 2006 05:33, sbungay wrote:
> > >    Hi Benoit!
> > >      Just installed the latest 1.9.37 and the missing icon problem gets
> > > worse. I now have most of the icons across the top of the main GAMBAS
> > > window missing.
> > >     Lets see if we can resolve this. Where is Gambas looking for it'sa
> > > Icons? I am using FC5 kde-3.5.3-0.4. Result of $ kde-config --path icon
> > > is  /root/.kde/share/icons/:/usr/share/icons .
> > >      I've attached a screen shot of the IDE to illustrate the problem..
> > > kind of difficult to do anything in a GUI when major graphical elements
> > > are missing  :(.
> > >
> > > Steve.
> >
> > Do you have a "crystalsvg" directory in these directories? Otherwise do
> > you have a "default" directory?
>
> @Benoit
> May be a user icon path in the gambas config file.
> Every user can set there path as the defaults internal in gambas not found.
> with a copy of the used paths in the project config file
>
> As the icon paths in compiled program are from '/root/.kde/'
> then compiled program is missing icons from /home/anyuser/.kde
> as the anyuser has access.
> The icons in ~/.kde are the ones the user did install or overrule
> the standard from kde.
>
> This will make it smarter to transfer compiled programs to
> all local boxes without every box need the IDE to compile
> hardcode paths are bad, you have experience with gnome ;)
>

> @sbungay
> /root/.kde/
>
> greet to everyone,
>
> Ron

As users generally can't know where their icons are, storing a path in a
gambas config file is not a good idea.

The way the Stock class searches for KDE icons is now correct. I just forgot
to fall back to "crystalsvg", which is the default KDE icon theme. The
correct version is in the Stock.class file I posted to this mailing-list.

The problem with GNOME is that I don't know the way to get the icon
directories, nor the theme currently used, so I hardcoded the paths. But this
is temporary.

Benoit Minisini